By taking the Gospel into the political arenas of the world, Capitol Ministries is helping to fulfill the Great Commission. This has been our mission from our founding in 1996, and our territories continue to expand. Crucial to this growth is locating qualified Ministry Leader candidates who are equipped to take the Word of God to Public Servants in local, state, national, and international governments.
What follows is an overview of what we are looking for in a potential Ministry Leader. As you read it, please prayerfully consider whether you or someone you know has the qualifications to be a successful candidate and the desire to change the world one heart at a time.
Ministry Leader Job Description
Capitol Ministries’ mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ in political arenas throughout the world by placing qualified and trained Ministry Leaders in local governments, state capitols, and foreign federal capitols.
Capitol Ministries seeks men who are proven, intentional, deliberate, biblically reliant disciple makers to serve the ministry in their local or state governments, or foreign nations. The goal is to provide Bible studies, evangelism, and discipleship to political leaders at every level of their career paths. Political leaders are often far from their homes, families, churches, pastors, and spiritual support, and are often subjected to trials, temptations, and situations in which they need the counsel and support of strong Christians.
Capitol Ministries desires leaders who will lead solid, weekly expositional Bible studies, making disciples and evangelizing others. The Ministry Leader will facilitate regular times of fellowship, organize seminars, provide counseling and network with pastors and mature Christians in the capitol. He will seek to build a fraternity among Christian Public Servants so that they might have the spiritual support they need to bear up under the political pressures of the day and make decisions for the country that are biblically based and pleasing to the Lord. Developing personal relationships with these leaders will be key in establishing effective ministries in these capitols.
Function and Responsibilities
Under the direction of Ralph Drollinger, President of Capitol Ministries, each Ministry Leader shall:
• Identify top Christian political leaders in their respective governments; Organize and lead a weekly expositional Bible study for these leaders
• Evangelize non-Christian public servants, lead them to Christ, and lead them to spiritual maturity
• Discover and meet the needs of these leaders by providing training/seminars/sorties for these men and women so they are strengthened in their faith
• Create a fellowship amongst these leaders and supply needed support to them through personal contact and hospitality, and by engaging other Christians
• Ensure good communications amongst the group
• Supply regular written reports on the progress and impact of the ministry, with photos
Spiritual Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate shall possess the following spiritual qualifications:
• Possessing: Spiritual maturity, overseer qualities
• Passion: Person called by God on their heart
• Proven: An excellent ability to teach God’s Word – will write at least 26 expository Bible studies to Public Servants per year. A Word-centered ministry, not a sign/gift-centered ministry
• Proficiency: Ability to evangelize and disciple leaders
• Principle: A high view of Scripture and its authority. Agrees with and signs NAE doctrinal statement
• Practice: Available and financially stable to devote time to the ministry
• Politically Neutral: Works with and accepted by political leaders from diverse political ideologies. Puts Kingdom values as only ministry criteria and not known as a political activist
Natural Qualifications and Experience
A gifted individual who has acknowledged abilities in the following areas:
• Entrepreneurial: Makes things happen on his own
• Enduring: Will persist when it is difficult
• Endearing: Makes friends easily; gifted in hospitality
• Exciting: Can lead and persuade others to follow his passion
• Established: Has a good previous record of accomplishment
Other Qualifications and Experience
• College education preferred, with a fruitful history of evangelism, discipleship, and Bible teaching
• Commitment to ministry as a lifetime calling
• Spiritually mature and seasoned individual regardless of age
• Comfortable and capable of raising support for his ministry. Successful candidates will either be individually resourceful or can raise personal support to carry out the ministry
• Willing to be associated with other Ministry Leaders
• Open to growth as a team member
• Letter of motivation
• Copies of diplomas and/or other certificates
• Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s pastor
• Three references with e-mail addresses and phone numbers